The University and Colleges organise a large number of open days for prospective students currently in Year 12 (or equivalent) and mature applicants each year. You can find out more about these on the Admissions website.
The Music Faculty has an established outreach programme that enables prospective applicants and keen musicians from secondary schools and colleges to experience Music at Cambridge first hand.
The programme offered to current Year 12 or equivalent students includes:
- Presentations that explain the Cambridge system, the application procedure and interviews, as well as sessions outlining student finance, support for students with a disability and the work of the careers service.
- All 29 Colleges that accept undergraduate students are open at certain times during the days for you to find out more about College life.
- Staff and current students are on hand all day to answer any questions about studying at Cambridge and the application procedure.
The Music Faculty will be open for informal tours throughout the day. Subject specific sessions will be run by the Music Faculty in the afternoon of each of the days and will include:
- A talk on studying music at Cambridge, the course, facilities and musical opportunities.
- A session discussing interviews and what to expect
- The opportunity to meet with academics and current undergraduate students over tea/coffee
If you have any questions about any of the opportunities listed above or want to find out more about the Music Outreach Officer, Joe Shaw, and the range of outreach events organised by the music faculty, please see our Outreach pages.