Following the intensely competitive auditions in December last year, the Faculty is delighted to congratulate the following third year music students who have been offered places on Master’s courses at major UK conservatoires. Many students were offered significant entrance scholarships which is particularly impressive because most applicants have been studying on four-year courses with more practical bias prior to their master’s applications.
All these students take an extremely active role in Cambridge musical life as members of IAS, CUTE, the CUMS orchestras, and taking part in Faculty and College masterclasses. They have also created their own projects and featured as concerto and recital soloists. Three of the students were on the CAMRAM scheme, enabling them to have a taste of conservatoire life whilst being at Cambridge. We wish them all the best for next year, and look forward to hearing them in the future.
- Matilda Lloyd (Trinity) – RAM, trumpet
- Leo Popperwell (Clare) – Guildhall, cello
- Katie Lodge (Emmanuel) – RAM, trumpet
- Roc Fargas-i-Castells (Selwyn) – RAM, historical viola
- Julia Hwang (St John's) – RCM, violin
- Joe Cowie (Clare) – RAM, double bass
- Marianne Schonle (Girton) – Guildhall, piano
- Wallis Power (Pembroke) – RCM, cello